Alchemy’s Associate Data Conversion Consultant will help ensure the successful implementation of Workday solutions by contributing Workday data conversion and consulting expertise to a dynamic and cohesive implementation team.
This job is based in Reno, Nevada, where you can take advantage of affordable living, an up-and-coming city, outdoor activities in the Sierra Nevada and nearby Lake Tahoe, and no income tax!
- Work directly with customers, functional consultants and integration consultants to create conversion strategy, migrate platform configuration, and convert and load customer data into Workday
- Learn and utilize Alchemy’s custom data conversion tools and processes
- Resolve issues and communicate solutions to data conversion challenges to the customer and project team
- Assist customers with their data extraction process, explain conversion process, define data requirements, and work with customers to cleanse data in their legacy Higher Education systems
- Complete the work assigned to you by the Alchemy Engagement Manager and/or Data Conversion Lead on budget and on time
- Identify opportunities for improvements and tools to help streamline and optimize the data conversion process
- Contribute to internal data conversion technical innovation projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledgeable in ETL software, Web Services, XML/XSLT, VBA, Microsoft Excel
- Experience in data modeling with the ability to manipulate data using software tools and SQL
- Capability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Potential to embrace and master technical skills and functional knowledge and utilize them in a software deployment environment
- Team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. developers, technical operations, and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Apply for this Job
A new Workday Services Partner, Alchemy offers services, tools, expertise, and learning programs that help higher education institutions successfully deploy Workday. Alchemy specializes in Workday Student deployments but also executes Workday HCM and Workday Financial Management projects. Alchemy is headquartered in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area--45 minutes to the Lake Tahoe beaches and Sierra Nevada ski slopes. We also have an office in Pleasanton, California, where we can stay close to Workday.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers. Alchemy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity company. We provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.