When a company, organization, or institution implements Workday applications, any number of external systems typically require data from or provide data to the Workday system. In this job, you would hold the keys to creating the technical linkages that share that information.
On a typical day, you will perform all the analytical and technical tasks associated with developing integrations into and out of the Workday HCM, Financial Management, and Student systems. You will work on multiple projects and multiple integrations concurrently in a fast-paced environment. And your teammates will look to you to make proactive, informed technology decisions to achieve timely, high-quality results.
This job is based in Reno, Nevada, where you can take advantage of affordable living, an up-and-coming city, outdoor activities in the Sierra Nevada and nearby Lake Tahoe, and no income tax!
- Collaborate to define requirements for integrations between Workday applications and other systems (outside carriers, outside vendors, internal systems, and data warehouses)
- Work within established standards and guidelines to design, build, and test integrations alongside all parties to ensure that the integration process performs to customers’ expectations.
- Perform data loading and write reports
- Comprehend the object model of a complex business system by mapping its components
- Define requirements/timing of integrations and identify alternative solutions that best fit customer needs
- Transform large data sets and format them to various outputs using XML, XSLT and Workday proprietary tools
- Perform focused development tasks for long stretches of time
- Embrace and intake new software and features as requested
- Work in an environment where ambiguity is the norm
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Conversions or data integration-related intern experience
- Understanding of an ERP or complex SaaS system
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Knowledgeable in object-oriented concepts
- Knowledgeable in Web Services (WSDL, SOAP)
- Knowledgeable in J2EE or .NET
- 1+ years of Java or equivalent object-oriented development experience from class or an internship
- Experience with XML, XSD, XSLT, and XPath
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Apply for this Job
A new Workday Services Partner, Alchemy offers services, tools, expertise, and learning programs that help higher education institutions successfully deploy Workday. Alchemy specializes in Workday Student deployments but also executes Workday HCM and Workday Financial Management projects. Alchemy is headquartered in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area--45 minutes to the Lake Tahoe beaches and Sierra Nevada ski slopes. We also have an office in Pleasanton, California, where we can stay close to Workday.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers. Alchemy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity company. We provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.