If working closely with developers to solve complex challenges gets you out of bed in the morning, then Alchemy’s Development Manager may be the perfect role for you. In this job, we’ll give you the opportunity to mentor a team of bright and resourceful developers who have a wide variety of skillsets covering everything from the user interface to backend application and database development. This is a new management position for a team of recent college grads, so you’ll put your management, and coaching skills to work—from the ground up.
This position is based in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area.
- Player/Coach role where you’ll manage a team, but also be hands-on design and development
- Manage day-to-day resources in our Reno office
- Be part of design sessions for new functionality being added to Mission Control. Mission Control being our internal proprietary application to support the deployment of Workday to our customers
- Strive to innovate and suggest new approaches/methodologies that will effectively meet the needs of our customers
- Learn new development languages and libraries, as needed, to help build out functionality within Mission Control
- Mentor junior developers on best practices and methodology for developing in a 3-tiered environment
- Provide support to our customers as needed within Mission Control
- Develop new functionality, bug fixes and enhancements as needed in Mission Control
Desired Skills and Experience
- Provide technical management expertise, including recruiting and training new developers on the team
- 3+ years of experience recruiting, mentoring and managing junior level developers
- 4+ years of experience with WSDL, SOAP, XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath, SOAP, Restful API’s
- 4+ years of experience with Java, Scala, Play, React, MobX, Jscript
- 4+ years of experience working with development teams in designing and developing new applications
- 4+ years of experience with database design concepts and development
- 1+ years of experience with AWS console and tools
- Familiarity with Gerrit / Git Repositories / SBT / Bash / Jira
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
A new Workday Services Partner, Alchemy offers services, tools, expertise, and learning programs that help higher education institutions successfully deploy Workday. Alchemy specializes in Workday Student deployments but also executes Workday HCM and Workday Financial Management projects. Alchemy is headquartered in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area--45 minutes to the Lake Tahoe beaches and Sierra Nevada ski slopes. We also have an office in Pleasanton, California, where we can stay close to Workday.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers. Alchemy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity company. We provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for this Job