We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our team as a People Operations Specialist. The People Operations Specialist is a crucial member of the HR/People Operations Team and the company overall. This person is passionate about finding ways to innovate and help create the programs and processes that keep our amazing Alchemists happy and engaged.
We’re looking for just the right person, one who cares about employee experience and creating an inclusive and fun environment where team members can do their best work, who wants to help create and execute people initiatives, and assist in driving HR and people excellence. In short, this role will contribute in a meaningful way to building our company, employee experience, core people processes, and to making our company a great place to work.
This position is based in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area.
- Be the “go-to” contact for Alchemy new hires and employees for all things people-related.
- Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation and manage onboarding processes from end to end, creating an amazing experience.
- Manage and maintain core HR systems and people processes, system maintenance, background screening, reporting, auditing, and data integrity.
- Create and constantly improve people operations processes, templates, FAQs and internal communications.
- Manage distribution, tracking and maintenance of candidate offer letters and onboarding logistics including liaising with IT to account for new hire system provisioning and certification training of our new Alchemists.
- Assist Talent Acquisition team with candidate interviewing scheduling as needed.
- Help identify and create ways to continuously improve people programs and processes to enhance the overall team member experience.
- Assist in managing general office duties, programs, and overall needs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- A keen attention to detail
- A pro-active, take charge mentality
- A true hands-on approach to ensure a high level of engagement with our people
- Enthusiasm; a true team player with a strong drive to create a positive and high expectation work environment
- Flexibility and willingness take on any initiative
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization
- Utmost discretion in working with confidential information
- The ability to be a strong ‘connector’ in the company, building and cultivating relationships to support a high expectation, high performance organization
- Bachelor’s degree
A new Workday Services Partner, Alchemy offers services, tools, expertise, and learning programs that help higher education institutions successfully deploy Workday. Alchemy specializes in Workday Student deployments but also executes Workday HCM and Workday Financial Management projects. Alchemy is headquartered in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area--45 minutes to the Lake Tahoe beaches and Sierra Nevada ski slopes. We also have an office in Pleasanton, California, where we can stay close to Workday.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers. Alchemy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity company. We provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for this Job