Alchemy’s Professional Services Associate Consulting Manager will have a unique opportunity to help recruit, build and scale a consulting team. In this role, a passion for building, mentoring and leading comes into play as you contribute to all aspects of recruiting, developing, and deploying a team of junior level resources to most effectively serve Alchemy customers.
We are all teammates at Alchemy and, at this early stage, this role has the unique opportunity to be a player/coach. You will be responsible for some billable project work, guiding the culture of your team and making sure your consultants feel valued and tightly connected to their customers, peers and the company. You will collaborate with Alchemy Professional Services management to define processes and standards for our Associate consulting organization. And you will join an organization where challenging the status quo and taking initiative are highly valued.
This position is based in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area, preferably, where most of the Associate consulting team is comprised. Alternatively, this role will require spending a minimum of two weeks per month in the Reno office dedicated to mentoring and managing the team.
- One-third of your time will be dedicated to Workday projects, helping us make our customers wildly successful
- Effectively collaborate with the Alchemy Services management team to staff engagements, achieve utilization goals, and build the appropriate skills necessary to deliver successful deployments
- Provide team leadership for management of time, expenses and project deliverables
- Recruit, manage, and retain a team of junior level resources and grow them into world class Alchemy consultants.
- Collaborate on innovative new ways to onboard, educate, and staff your team
- Develop and mentor consultants to support their career growth
- Motivate team and individuals to achieve high customer satisfaction levels
- Ensure consultants adhere to the activities, processes, and procedures outlined in the Workday implementation methodology
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ software implementation experience required (HCM, Financials and/or Student applications), Student experience preferred
- Experience implementing Workday
- 3+ years management experience in a Professional Services or Consulting organization
- Highly organized, detailed, and meticulous
- Experience leading teams and initiatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for mentoring and growing junior level resources into Workday Consultants
- Experience in Higher Education a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel as needed (25-50%)
A new Workday Services Partner, Alchemy offers services, tools, expertise, and learning programs that help higher education institutions successfully deploy Workday. Alchemy specializes in Workday Student deployments but also executes Workday HCM and Workday Financial Management projects. Alchemy is headquartered in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area--45 minutes to the Lake Tahoe beaches and Sierra Nevada ski slopes. We also have an office in Pleasanton, California, where we can stay close to Workday.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers. Alchemy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity company. We provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for this Job