If you are a Senior Accountant who thrives on directing the day-to-day operation of corporate accounting, bring your knowledge and talent to Alchemy’s fun, team-centered, customer-focused, and rewarding start-up environment! As one of our early teammates, you will surely have an impact on the growth and evolution of Alchemy. Don’t miss this chance to elevate your career!
This position is based in our San Ramon, CA office.
- Assist CFO with development of annual, quarterly and monthly expense budgets with collaboration of internal business partners. Month-end analysis and reporting of budget-to-actual variances to senior management and business partners
- Reviews, updates and enhances Company’s accounting policies and procedures as well as monitoring their consistent application
- Administration of company system of internal controls and financial systems
- Participate in build out of business systems and applications and support the automation of our internal processes that impacts accounting operations
- Maintain Accounts Payable function including expense report processing and review
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables
- Prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting and analysis
- Manage and improve general ledger functions including balance sheet reconciliations, journal entry preparation
- Ongoing processing and reporting of professional services transactions, including preparation and documentation of revenue calculations
- Prepare and review reporting including revenue analysis and metrics
- Ensure data integrity for other business systems used to report company transactions and performance such as employee expenses and professional services project tracking
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Accounting
- Knowledge of revenue recognition guidance, contract accounting, and Professional Services revenue recognition principles, and their application based on ASC 605 and ASC 606 guidance a plus
- Expert knowledge of General Ledger, consolidations, month-end close process, and GAAP
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be action oriented, combined with being able to work within a Team
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Program and project management expertise including implementation of new systems
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Minimum of 5-7 years of broad based relevant experience in Accounting, Professional Services or Tech environment preferred
- Ability to grow with the organization and take on increased responsibility over time
A new Workday Services Partner, Alchemy offers services, tools, expertise, and learning programs that help higher education institutions successfully deploy Workday. Alchemy specializes in Workday Student deployments but also executes Workday HCM and Workday Financial Management projects. Alchemy is headquartered in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area--45 minutes to the Lake Tahoe beaches and Sierra Nevada ski slopes. We also have an office in Pleasanton, California, where we can stay close to Workday.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers. Alchemy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity company. We provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for this Job