If you have Workday Payroll consulting experience, bring your knowledge and talent to Alchemy’s fun, team-centered, customer-focused, and rewarding start-up environment! We approach deployments with a polite and innovative “challenge the status quo” perspective, and our deployment end game is customer success versus billing quotas.
As an experienced member of the deployment team, you’ll seek inventive solutions on behalf of customers, and you’ll help develop and refine our deployment strategy. You’ll also mentor associate team members who are growing their own WD career. As one of our early teammates, you will surely have an impact on the growth and evolution of Alchemy. Don’t miss this chance to kick up your career!
- As the payroll subject matter expert, lead clients through the WD system and the project development lifecycle.
- Perform the following as a member of a deployment team: gather and understand customer payroll business requirements, design and configure the Workday Payroll solution, demonstrate configurations through the development of prototype systems, lead and manage parallel testing sessions, and complete knowledge transfer to customers.
- Work with customers to review, understand and convert legacy payroll history into Workday
- Assist the integration consulting team in configuring and testing integrations between Workday and other third-party or custom solutions.
- Help mentor new consultants and serve as a professional role model
- Collaborate effectively and synergistically to team-based projects
- Ensure customers understand and take advantage of Alchemy and Workday best practices
- Strive to innovate and suggest new approaches and tools to deploy Workday efficiently and effectively.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience as a Workday functional lead in payroll and any one additional area: time tracking, absence, compensation.
- Previous consulting experience within Higher Education (college/university) preferred
- Previous experience leading and deploying Payroll in Workday, Ellucian, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, or similar applications
- Passion for providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to effectively manage against timelines and goals
- Technical SaaS skills a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Fluency in English
A new Workday Services Partner, Alchemy offers services, tools, expertise, and learning programs that help higher education institutions successfully deploy Workday. Alchemy specializes in Workday Student deployments but also executes Workday HCM and Workday Financial Management projects. Alchemy is headquartered in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area--45 minutes to the Lake Tahoe beaches and Sierra Nevada ski slopes. We also have an office in Pleasanton, California, where we can stay close to Workday.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers. Alchemy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity company. We provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for this Job