If working closely with data-minded people to solve data conversion challenges gets you out of bed in the morning, then Alchemy’s Workday Conversion Manager may be the perfect role for you. In this job, we’ll give you the reins to build, grow, and mentor a team of bright and resourceful data conversion consultants who specialize in deploying the Workday Student campus administration system. This is a new management position for a team of current senior and staff-level resources as well as recent college grads, so you’ll put your organizing, planning, recruiting, management, and coaching skills to work—from the ground up.
- Recruit, train and manage data conversion consultants (junior and senior level resources)
- Effectively recruit university/college level resources and develop them into strong data conversion delivery consultants
- Strive to innovate and suggest new approaches and tools to deploy Workday efficiently and effectively
- Be proficient with data conversion for Workday’s Financials (FIN), Human Capital Management (HCM), or Student product suite and able to successfully balance team management with hands on delivery
- Take on the role of Data Conversion Lead and be the point person on projects for Data Conversion and technology-related tasks
- Responsible for driving/ensuring the team hits individual utilization targets
- Help ensure customers remains referenceable once in production
- Work with Alchemy project manager(s) to identify scope changes and change orders as needed
- Maintain Workday certifications and qualifications
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience implementing Workday HCM and/or Workday FIN and/or Workday Student products, previous experience with Workday Education & Government products a plus
- 3+ years of experience with ETL software, Web Services, XML/XSLT, VBA, Microsoft Excel
- 3+ years of experience with data modeling, with the ability to manipulate data using software tools and SQL
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Creative problem-solving and trouble shooting skills
- Team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. developers, technical operations, consultants and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
A new Workday Services Partner, Alchemy offers services, tools, expertise, and learning programs that help higher education institutions successfully deploy Workday. Alchemy specializes in Workday Student deployments but also executes Workday HCM and Workday Financial Management projects. Alchemy is headquartered in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area--45 minutes to the Lake Tahoe beaches and Sierra Nevada ski slopes. We also have an office in Pleasanton, California, where we can stay close to Workday.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers. Alchemy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity company. We provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for this Job